To the non-bloggers out there, the awards bloggers give each other can seem arbitrary, self-serving or just plain weird. In reality, they are a fun way to drive traffic to blogs with smaller followings. That said, I haven’t been the best team player over the last few months. I am woefully behind on responding to several awards from fellow bloggers. I apologize for my tardiness.
Since I am so far behind, I am not going to play by the rules for the various awards – they usually require a certain number of facts about the recipient, or answers to a series of questions. I’ll share a few trivial facts about myself and then I’ll get on with posting links to the kind bloggers that nominated me for the various awards, along with a few of my own favorite blogs. And I’ll throw in a few random pictures that I never got to post, just to pretty things up.
Tidbits you might or might not care about:
- My favorite color is blue. And green.
- A few years ago, I went 10 months without eating chocolate, when I thought it was triggering migraines.
- I have never deep-fried anything. I want to. Doughnuts, anyone?
- I also want to try making crepes, croissants and cream puffs.
- I prefer whole grain breads to white bread, and I have converted my family. Except for my father-in-law who will attest until the end of time that white bread is best.
- I don’t like enclosed spaces – no spelunking for me.
Check out the blogs below for some interesting reading. Thank you all for the kind nominations!
And these are a few more of my favorite blogs: