I know, I know, it’s a stupid title, but even though I was a kid, I always think of Sally Field accepting her Oscar for “Places in the Heart” when I hear about awards.
I have been putting off writing this post, because I hate to toot my own horn, but I do want to thank Justa, from the blog Where Frugality and Food Collide with Delicious Consequences, for nominating me for a Sunshine Blog Award! Her posts boast absolutely gorgeous pictures and delicious recipes. Her philosophy is that eating well doesn’t have to, and shouldn’t, cost a lot. Her posts are breezy and sound just like an old friend coming over to have a cup of tea and talk about what she cooked this week. Tonight I am making her orange tilapia recipe for dinner.
About the Sunshine Blog Award
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link to their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
So, here are the questions:
- Favorite Color – any shade of blue
- Favorite Animal – can’t say I have one
- Favorite Number – three
- Favorite Drink – water, really
- Facebook or Twitter – Facebook – yes, but I haven’t set up a page for The Cook’s Life yet. Twitter – yes, but only for the last few weeks. I am still a newbie.
- Your Passion – cooking, baking and reading
- Giving or getting presents – both, though I love the rush from giving a present that truly fits the recipient
- Favorite Day – a day on vacation, with nowhere to be and nothing in particular to do
- Favorite Flowers – the first daffodils and crocuses of spring
Here my picks for Sunshine Blog Awards (in no particular order):
Baking with Sibella – Some of her recipes are a little usual to American tastes, but they all sound absolutely delicious, and her detailed pictures make me want to run to the kitchen to try them out.
Emmy Cooks writes with an easy, welcoming style that just invites me into the kitchen to play with her.
Frugal Feeding – Gorgeous pictures, delicious-sounding recipes and a nicely irreverent attitude to cooking on a budget.
Trials in Food explores just about every kind of cuisine as she plays in the kitchen. She is, to paraphrase her own words, expanding her cooking skills and experiences, and her adventurous spirit comes through in her posts.
I know that isn’t ten blogs, but they my favorite blogs that I am following right now that haven’t already received Sunshine Awards. I didn’t really want to double award someone, though there are many more blogs that I follow that are great reads with great recipes.
Thanks, again, Justa!